1. The contest fee is $15.00. The check should be made out to
Cloudbank. All writers who enter the contest will receive a two-issue
subscription to Cloudbank magazine. (Your subscription will start with
the next issue of Cloudbank, unless you request the current issue.)
2. Submissions without payment will also be considered for
publication, but will not be eligible for the prize. We read submissions
3. Please do not send more than five poems or short prose pieces
(500 words or less) for either the contest or regular submissions. The $15
fee covers up to five poems.
4. For contest submissions, the writer’s name, address,
e-mail address, and the titles of the poems being submitted should be
typed on a cover sheet only, not on the pages of poems or short fiction.
For non-contest submissions, the writer’s name and address
should appear on each page.
5. We do not accept electronic submissions.
6. The submitted work may not have been published elsewhere.
7. Simultaneous submissions: Please let us know if your work has
been accepted elsewhere.
8. Your submissions will not be returned. Enclose a self-addressed,
stamped envelope (SASE) so that we can notify you of acceptance.
9. Feel free to send prose poems, reviews, essays on poetry, short
fiction (500 words max.). We are open to all types of quality writing.
10. For those who do not enter the contest, one-year (two-issue) subscriptions
to Cloudbank magazine are $15.00. Individual copies are $8.
11. Two contributors’ copies will be sent to writers whose work
appears in the magazine.
12. If you already have a subscription and want to enter the contest, your
subscription will be renewed for two more issues.